Monday, November 16, 2009

Our home - kitchen

BEFORE...
Well, here it is: my favorite part of my home and the center of activity for our family. This is where I will be preparing warm, nutritious meals for my loved ones and entertaining countless guests.

I chose my kitchen cabinets about a month ago, and they were delivered and installed just more than a week ago. If you look closely, you will see unfinished areas, including the ever-famous concrete walls all around (like we still have in every room!). But, I am just thrilled to be able to be a normal housewife once again! No more Ramen noodles, sandwiches, cafes, etc... Time for some good, old-fashioned cooking! Eventually I will have bar stools here... ideal for extra seating when we have guests and also a perfect place for my little homeschoolers to sit and get help while I wash dishes!

GAS STOVE....
We do not even have gas in our village, but David bought us a small gas tank and will keep it filled just for this purpose. We chose this gas stove with the hopes that one day gas will eventually make it out to our village!My mother-in-law sent me money as a housewarming gift, and this sink and faucet were what I bought with that money. Since she and I have made countless memories talking at the kitchen sink while washing dishes, I thought it would only be appropriate to buy this with the money she gave me. Also, since I am a sentimental-type person, I bought this double sink for myself (the large side) and my little girl (the small side). Brianna is only 2-years old, but I know that we will have lots of talks together at this kitchen sink, as well.

Thanks, Mom, for encouraging another generation of sink-washing memories for me with my own daughter!

5 comments:

  1. WOW!This is absolutely beautiful. I am so happy for you, Jolene. Can't wait to see the rest of the house when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very nice kitchen! I can imagine how excited you are to start using it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful kitchen! I am so happy for you! And I love the sink idea. My 2 year old and me spend a lot of time washing dishes together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kitchen is sure looking good! How exciting to be seeing progress. My Sarah is a BIG help to me in the kitchen - she loves it. You were a challenge to me to make sure I also enjoy all the help she is to me. So many times I want to "get it done quickly". Seems like we are always in such a hurry. Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the memories that I am making with my little princess.
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25