Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sarah had another baby!

To all my friends who know my extended family, I wanted to let you know that Sarah, my sister-in-law, gave birth to another girl. Elisa Faith Knabb was born Saturday afternoon by c-section. Elisa weighed 6.2 pounds. Both mommy and baby are doing well. From what I hear, Elisa has dark hair. We are looking forward to seeing some pictures of her, and as soon as I receive them, I will share them with you here.
JASON AND SARAH JASON AND SARAH'S 5 CHILDREN AT CHRISTMAS

Sarah is a remarkable woman. This is her 6th child, and her oldest recently turned 6 years old (and NO twins in this family!). I have not seen Sarah for three years, but even then (when she already had four children), I was impressed with her laid-back handle of things. I will never forget her response to my question, "Sarah, how do you keep up with everything?" She non-chalantly replied, "Oh, I just take care of whatever screams at me the loudest... whether laundry, a crying baby, a dirty face..." Even now I laugh when I remember her words! How I wish I could be more like Sarah and not take things so seriously sometimes!

My hats off to you, Sarah, for being an incredible example to the world of what a special gift children truly are. God has blessed you immensely, and I know that you do not take this privilege lightly. We have personally been praying earnestly for you, and our entire church here has been praying and anticipating the news of Elisa's delivery.
Congratulations, Jason and Sarah, on the precious new life the Lord has entrusted you with. We already love this baby, and look forward to one day meeting our children's 28th cousin!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited and thankful about the new addition to their family. Bro. Jason was on the same bus route as me in college. I was so thankful that he found someone like Sarah. It's so exciting to see how God is using their family! If you speak to him please tell them I said hello.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25