Monday, March 29, 2010

All Things Girly!

Little Girls

Little girls are made of daisies and butterflies and soft kitty cat purrs
And all the precious memories of times that once were.

Little girls are made of angel's wings and giggles and a firefly's glow

And all the happy feelings, deep inside, that we all know.

Little girls are made of cinnamon and bubbles and fancy white pearls
And snowflakes and rainbows and ballerina twirls

Little girls are made of sunshine and cupcakes and fresh morning dew,

And these are the reasons, little one, why everyone loves you.
Author: Karen Barnes

I love having a daughter! And I love all things girly! I love everything that comes with having a little girl... BIG bows...Wearing Mommy's lipstick...Playing with her brothers like only a lady can (all decked out in pink, flowers, bows, and a necklace)...BIG hats... Wearing Mommy's necklace...

Finding silly "girly" things at the store...Pigtails....

Lots of pink...
Shopping with Mommy, beginning at an early age...
Fluffy, sparkly princess dresses...
Sweet little braids...
Headbands and dollhouse toys...
Having a girl is SO MUCH FUN! And, in honor of this post All Things Girly!, I would like to direct you to my friend Tara's online hairbow shop (with unbeatable prices!). Tara is a pastor's wife with two little girls of her own (and a boy!). She is a great friend who is beautiful inside and out... and talk about a Proverbs 31 woman! Tara and I sat in Christian Womanhood class together in Bible college and memorized this "virtuous woman" chapter together as a class. And, it is so great to see her following the Biblical principles of working with her hands, making fine linen and selling it!


[For homeschooling resources and advice, you can also find Tara here. And you can find her husband Josh with some great articles here about Baptist history and doctrine.]
My own little Brianna and I hope to follow Tara's example and start making our own hairbows... not to sell, but just to make for our own pleasure. We already have all kinds of great plans for our "girly" fun together! (And did I mention that I love having a sweet, little girl to do these things with?!)

10 comments:

  1. very sweet post. I loved looking at your little princess. I think she needs a sister to play with! (giggle)

    i finally figured out the email thing on feed burner! I love how accomplishing things like that give me such an "I'm so proud of myself" feeling! Love you, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your little Brianna! Can't wait until our girls can get together. Wish I lived closer so I could make bows with you and Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Playing with her brothers like only a lady can (all decked out in pink, flowers, bows, and a necklace).." You forgot, "and her bow and arrows." It's probably protection from all the boys that will be lining up at your door in a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is beautiful! Girls are fun. Out of 22 grandchildren I only have 6 granddaughters and 4 of them live out of state.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I loved this post!!! She is absolutely beautiful!

    I agree...having a little girl is a special, special blessing from God!

    Ahhh! Thank the Lord for precious children!

    I love you. Thank you for reminding me what a special treasure little girls are.

    I love you, Sweet Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jolene, Brianna is just a doll! Yes, I must agree that "girly" things are wayyyyy too much fun! God is so good to make us this way, huh? =) Hugs to you and your precious daughter today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is a pretty little doll! I had five boys before I FINALLY got my girl so I think I understand you. We love to play beauty shop and have mommy daughter dates. What fun! Can't wait to see your hairbows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pictures of your little girl, and am amazed at how much she favors her cousin, Deborah!...especially the eyes! She is definitely the little girl you prayed for...and more than you ever dreamed she'd be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful little girl! She reminds me of my niece Abi. I enjoy dressing our 16-month-old grandbaby Kyla in all the frills and bows too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25