Thursday, March 4, 2010

Baby orphanage "Yolochka" - bathroom #1

Before I start this post, I want to happily announce that my sweet hubby returned home from Israel today! I have been listening with fascination to his stories all afternoon... and soaking it all in with pure pleasure. Thank you for those who have been praying for me and the children. The Lord and our dear friends here have taken the utmost care of us.

I also want to welcome the Mitchums back to Ukraine from a four-month furlough! They returned yesterday, and we were all happy to welcome them home.

Now, on to the next part of our tour...

Don't you just love the little individual towel hooks and little shelves for combs?! No toilet seat (below)... But you have to live here to understand this. Just trust me that it is a very common sight here. I do think the rubber aprons for giving baths look rather handy. And, the water boiler in the shower area is also a common thing here.
Changing tables:
For as long as I can remember, this verse has always hung prominently in my home church's nursery. I think it is a very humorous, yet fitting passage for little ones!:
We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, I Corinthians 15:51b

1 comment:

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25