Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Baby orphanage "Yolochka" - food preparation

The orphanage has the children divided into groups. Each group has its own area that is complete with beds, kitchenette, eating area, bathroom, locker room, and play area.

I wish I had asked more questions about the food preparation. On an earlier trip, I saw an industrialized kitchen with very impressive, very new-looking industrial kitchen equipment. I was shocked to see such nice things! (You should have seen my jaws drop open!) I am assuming that the cooking is done there, and the small preparation work and clean-up is done in the kitchenettes that are located in each group's area. Here is a look at those kitchenettes (and, sorry, I didn't get a picture of the industrialized kitchen... that was before I had permission to even take pictures!):

Now, I am sure you are wondering what that little piece of equipment could be... I was too, so I asked. Since dishwashers are basically non-existent in Ukraine, this little machine is used for sterilizing the bottles and cups. Pretty archaic, don't you think?The children eat in their own rooms, at tables and chairs made just their size. You can see here that they put the little tables/chairs to good use between meal times too!
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious. I Peter 2:2-3

3 comments:

  1. I love your new look on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is there a way for you to get updates or photos of certain kids? I know there are many children on reeces rainbow that are in that orphanage

    ReplyDelete
  3. The orphanage has very strict policies about giving out personal information on the kids. Since this was just my second visit, I did not want to ask. However, my goal is to be able to do this for adopting families in the future...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25